- Category: AIA News & Programs
Do You Have Your AIA CE Credits for 2016?
Most AIA Columbus programs will qualify for Continuing Education credits, but this list offers additional local upcoming continuing education opportunities.
Do you know how many continuing education hours are required per year? Trying to figure out how many credits you still need? Take a look at the requirements and your transcript, here.
UPCOMING SMALL PROJECT PRACTITIONERS SEMINARS
January 2017 Munch and Earn
Principles of Glass Selection for Facades: From Rendering to Reality
Thursday, January 12, 2017
This program discusses the foundations of the glass selection process and explores the aesthetic options available to meet project design and performance requirements. In addition, there is a special focus on understanding the variety of performance coatings and customized glass fabrication options.
- Understand the key criteria in selecting glass types and how those choices can influence the building’s aesthetic condition and trade-offs can be considered between performance and design criteria.
- How glass samples should be viewed to gain the most accurate impression of appearance.
- Examine the variety of glass types and sputter-coated low-E products in the market and how each differ in appearance and performance.
- Explore a variety of fabrication techniques that provide additional glass customization and code compliance - including lamination, silkscreen and spandrel applications.
- Review completed projects and recognize how particular glass types were selected and how they met the designer’s intent.
1.0 HSW Learning Unit
Lunch is Included!
11:45 - 1:00 PM
346 S High St, Columbus OH 43215
$5 | Associate AIA
$10 | AIA & Affiliates
$20 | Non-AIA Members
Presented By: Kreg Hatfield of Guardian Glass
UPCOMING CE SESSIONS
Landmark Lofts Construction Tour
Monday, December 19, 2016
4:00 - 5:00 pm
1 HSW LU
Can't make it to the AIA Columbus events? Try out AIAU, a place for architects to learn and earn continuing education credits online.