- Category: Public
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute
The Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute is the Midwest’s largest and most advanced sports medicine facility. It is the home of innovation and discovery in helping people improve their athletic performance, recover from injury and prevent future injuries. The 116,000 SF, state-of-the-art complex integrates research, teaching, clinical care and performance training under one roof.
Learning objectives include:
- Issues in bringing 15 patient services and specialty groups together to work collaboratively under one roof.
- Integration of professional practice with research in a working environment.
- Maximizing the use of open space to allow for flexibility of use.
- Understanding the change to an interdisciplinary approach in the way that sports medicine is now being viewed on a national level.
- Adaptation of brand to align with both the University medical center and University Athletics program.
Thursday, April 06, 2017
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
2.0 HSW Learning Units
2835 Fred Taylor Drive,
Columbus, OH 43202
$10 Associate AIA
$15 Associate AIA
Meet in entry lobby.
Parking in building lot if available or in nearby garage if not.
Agenda: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Meet for project overview describing primary goals, building organization, and main features to be seen.
Tour conducted in groups of approximately 10 – 15 people. The building is currently open and functional, and the later start allows the tour to take place. The tour should provide an understanding of how the building was designed and is actually being used.