- Category: AIA News & Programs
Program and Building Construction Site Tour of the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's New Cancer and Critical Care Tower
Friday, August 9, 2013 | 3:30 - 6:00 PM
3:30 - 4:00 PM | Gather for Project presentation and orientation to building layout/stacking and overall program
4:00 - 6:00 PM | Hard Hat tour of building
Tour will meet at the OSU Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute Auditorium
473 West 12th Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43215
2.5 HSW LUs | 2.5 GBCI CEs
AIA/Affiliate/USGBC members $20 | Associate AIA $10 | Non-AIA $40
Registration is limited to the first 90 participants. Register here, or call 614.469.1973
This tour, brought to you with a collaborative effort between the AIA Columbus Healthcare and the Emerging Professionals Committees, will focus on several aspects. Since the building is still under construction, specific construction techniques and the use of BIM in design and construction coordination will be discussed. Prefabrication of various elements of the building and the benefits of this process will be highlighted. In addition to the construction, the program and building organization will be explained with regard to clinical functionality and adjacency as well as constructability and special design and structural considerations. Integration of technology into the building is a high priority for this project as well so understanding the accomodations necessary for highly sensitive, costly, and in some cases, heavy equipment will be discussed.
- OSU South Cannon Parking Garage (public entrance on 10th Avenue)
- 12th Avenue Parking Garage (between Neil Avenue and Cannon Drive)
- SafeAuto Parking Garage (between 9th and 10th Avenues at front of Medical Center)
- Close-toed, hard soled shoes
- Slacks/Pants - no skirts, dresses, or shorts will be permitted
- Hard Hat, Safety Vest, and Eye Protection. Bring any items you may have. Some items can be provided on loan as necessary.
- No food or photography permitted.
- A liability waiver must be signed upon arrival.
IN COLLABORATION WITH