- Category: AIA News & Programs
TAP Innovation in Technology Award
As part of our on-going effort to ignite the enthusiasm and creativity in our community the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Columbus Technology in Architectural Practice Knowledge Committee is seeking outstanding examples of how unique applications of technology have been used to improve design, increase efficiency, improve collaboration or other direct benefit to the design/construction process.
- Efforts by any individual, any single team within a project, and entire project delivery team, an owner or an organization;
- Effective and extensive collaboration between project stakeholders;
- Recognizable, positive process changes that enhance project objectives;
- Recognizable, positive culutral changes that affect project objectives;
- Clearly-stated and thorough documentation of implementations and resulting benefits from application of innovative technologies and/or progressive methodologies, such as process maps, costs, schedules, quality assessments, asset valuation or facility operations. Data of a sensitive nature (e.g. specific dollar amounts) may be omitted, but some type of reliable metrics should be used to indicate quantifiable benefits;
- Clear depiction of using data interoperability to gain project design and/or delivery benefits. Opportunities where open standards were used to achieve data interoperability across multiple techonology platforms are HIGHLY encouraged.
- Enhancement and enabling of resiliency and sustainable design goals as well as other strategic initiatives outlined in AIA 2016-2020 Strategic Plan.
All winning submissions will be posted to the AIA Columbus website to enable our community to appreciate this great work. Winner(s) will be recognized with the award of a commemorative plaque during the AIA Columbus Architecture Awards Ceremony on November 8, 2018, and will be recognized as the ‘2018 AIA Columbus TAP Innovator of the Year’, along with recognition on both the local AIA Columbus website and in an official press release. Submissions will also be added to the 2018 Architecture Awards booklet given out at the night of the ceremony.
Call for Entries // July 26, 2018
Submissions Due // August 31, 2018
Entry Fee Due // September 7, 2018 ($25 late payment fee)
2018 Architecture Awards // November 8, 2018
TAP Committee Sponsored by: