- Category: Knowledge Communities
Join us for this BIM training session and choose which topics you'd like to learn more about. Choose between two different hour-long training sessions in the morning, break for a networking lunch, and then regroup in the afternoon for a variety of roundtable discussions, led by local Revit and BIM experts. This program is brought to us by the Technology in Architectural Practice Committee.
The Evolution of Practice - Training Session
Thursday, May 15, 2014
The Center for Architecture & Design
50 West Town Street, Suite 110
Columbus, Ohio 43215
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM
$40 for AIA Members and Affiliates | $75 for non-AIA Members
Seats are intentionally limited, so register in advance. Register here, or call 614-469-1973.
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM | Classroom-style Training Sessions (choose one - first come, first served)
A limited number of computers will be provided for these training sessions, brought to us by BlairIT. Participants are encouraged to bring their own, but are responsible for ensuring Revit Architecture is installed and licensed for their use.
- Option 1: Visualization with Revit, led by Kevin Schellenbach, AIA of NBBJ - 1.0 LU
- This course will give a basic understanding of the integrated visualization tools available within the Revit environment. There are many views, shading modes, lighting, and material options available, along with fully rendered output. This interactive course will feature live previews of the different techniques with available files for participants to follow along.
- Option 2: Revit for Project Manager, led by Heather Alley, RA, LEED AP of IMAGINiT Technologies - 1.0 LU
- In this one hour class, students will learn select topics about Revit and how it applies to project managers. This overview course will hightlight key features of the Revit BIM software specifically designed for Project Managers. Computers will be provided for this training session, brought to us by BlairIT. Participants may bring their own, but they are responsible for ensuring Revit Architecture is installed and licensed for their use.
12:00 PM - 12:30 PM | Networking Lunch, provided by IMAGINiT Technologies
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM | Roundtable Discussions (choose from the following topics)
- BIM Standards: Led by Dan Bossenbroek, AIA, BHDP
- Model Sharing: Led by Dan Tartaglia, NBBJ
- BIM Infrastructure: Led by Dennis Blair, Blair IT
- BIM Leadership: Led by Paul Audsley, Assoc. AIA, NBBJ