Category: AIA News & Programs
Tackling the ARE Exams is all about beginning your journey toward being a licensed architect, including how to avoid pitfalls, and how to take first steps. Michael Riscica will share valuable insights from his own failures and mistakes, as well as what he has learned by helping over 300 ARE Candidates get started on this process.
This lecture is very different from the ways that NCARB or other organizations get started with their ARE Lectures. It’s a real-world, truth-filled presentation that will help you start making progress with this exam.
In this lecture you will learn:
- How the exam has recently been updated, explained in a way that is easy to understand, and why you should care about the old exam
- The #1 thing that will determine your success on the ARE. The answer might surprise you.
- How success in architecture school has nothing in common with success on the Architect exam (and why that matters)
- The Top 5 completely unavoidable mistakes that are repeatedly made by most ARE candidates
- How to study effectively—while working 40 hours, raising kids, and managing life's resonsibilities
- How to quickly resolve many of the issues, struggles, and challenges surrounding the Architect exam and start enjoying the process of getting better at the craft of praciting architecture.
March 14, 2018
5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
The Center for Architecture and Design
50 West Town Street, Suite 110
Columbus, OH 43215
Speaker: Michael Riscica, AIA of youngarchitect.com
Michael Riscica is a Licensed Architect in the State of Oregon. He has primarily worked in small architecture firms and as a Project Manager for the City of Portland Oregon. After obtaining his license, he felt there was a significant lack of guidance, support and information for Emerging Architecture Professionals to help bridge the gap between Graduation until becoming a Licensed Architect. He started the blog YoungArchitect.com as his contribution to the solution.
Michael has written endlessly about architecture school, the profession and the Architect Registration Exam. In 2015 he published a book titled, How To Pass The Architect Exam. From the success of the book, he created a 10 week ARE Coaching program and has helped over 250 people get started with taking the ARE. He also single handedly manages the very active ARE Facebook group.
In early 2017, he started The Young Architect Podcast as a way to chat with many Leaders in the AIAS and Architecture Profession. Michael Riscica is deeply passionate about supporting the future Generations of Architects in being more successful.