- Category: AIA News & Programs
- Chapter's bi-weekly electronic newsletter Design Matters.
- Discounted tickets to lectures, seminars and a wide range of committee events, both educational and social. From exhibitions to receptions, local involvement encourages fellowship and increases knowledge of professional practice issues.
- Committees which offer opportunities to explore specific issues in architectural practice and education with like-minded members.
- The AIA Columbus Chapter is an active advocate at the city and state levels. By participating in legislative activities, testifying in a variety of public hearings, and interfacing with key elected officials and public agencies, the Chapter brings members' concerns and suggestions about design and construction issues to the political arena.
- Chapter's online job board, continuing education, and other reference materials.
- AIA Columbus acts as liason between AIA/CES National and CES Records in reporting Learning Units for our Chapter programming.
- Discounts on paper AIA Contract Documents.
- Publications include the AIA Ohio Member Directory, the AIA Ohio newsletter, and numerous committee and issue papers.
- Special events including legislative events, Design and Honor Awards, the State Convention, and meetings at the National convention.
- Liaisons with allied professions and organizations.
American Institute of Architects (National)
- Subscription to ARCHITECT, the magazine of the AIA, The Journal of Architecture (quarterly), and AIArchitect, the Institute's weekly electronic newsletter.
- Discounts on AIA books, contracts and documents, including electronic software.
- Business service discounts, including member discounts on long-distance phone rates, Dell computers, Airborne Express, office supplies, copiers, Hertz, Avis, National Budget and Alamo car rentals, etc.
- Group insurance for members and their employees.
- AIA Library and Archives, the nation's preeminent source of information about the practice and profession of architecture, is staffed with trained professionals to help members locate information. Fulfillment of book, videotape and slide loan requests, locating answers to research questions, and more extensive research services are available.
- Nationwide public relations campaigns to increase public awareness and client recognition of the importance of architects and architecture.
- Participation in Knowledge Communities which provide AIA members the opportunity to share and discuss issues of common concern with colleagues across the country in 22 specialized fields.
- At the federal government level, the Institute represents the collective voice of architects by promoting new legislation, standards or regulations, or defending existing ones, in Congress and in agency offices.